Another month, another update. Without further ado…
Goals for Employment
- Apply for entry-level jobs in marketing. Still doing this! The day I wrote this post, I actually had my first interview ever for a big-girl job. I think it went pretty well, and I am excited about the possibilities with that company. So we shall see!
- Utilize university resources. Check — I went to a resume workshop, both to polish up my own resume and to give a COB Ambassador presence. I think my resume looks quite a bit better than it did. Also, we’re doing mock interviews in my Spanish class, so that will be awesome practice.
Goals for Extracurriculars
- Video Production Team: Work at least one game per sport. I’ve worked a lot of soccer, a couple volleyball games, and am signed up for almost every basketball game we have in November. It’ll be busy, but basketball is really fun, and the paycheck will definitely be nice.
- COB Ambassadors: Work one event a month. This month I worked the Majors Fair on preview day, and the resume workshop also counted as an event. Coming up next month the COB will be hosting its own career fair, so I’ll probably be involved with that somehow.
- COB Ambassadors: project manage one project before graduation. Still working on this.
Goals for Daily Life
- Don’t add unnecessary stress. This is surprisingly still going quite well. I got really bad road rage driving to see my family a few weeks ago, but honestly that was warranted. There’s just something about vehicles that make people do stupid things. And I know I need to not let things bother me that I can’t change, but sometimes that’s just how it goes.
- Cut back on buying coffee. *closes eyes* It’s kinda weird how my list jumps straight from 1 to 3…oh well.
- Make time for friends. The semester has gotten a bit busier than it had been, so I’ve slacked off on this. But a few friends and I are planning a Netflix night next week, and another friend’s birthday is this month as well, so that should remedy that.
- Make time for myself. Again, class work has started to creep into my free time, but I still find some time to read or watch a show or two.
And finally, the goal of goals:
- Enjoy senior year. So far, so good. I’m very tired of being school — I would much rather being doing something than sitting passively in class all day, but the end is near and I’m trying to remember to relish the time I have left at college.
This semester has gone by so fast. Here we are at the end of October, and I feel like September just started. My very last advisement is coming up, and graduation is starting to feel so close! I’ve started a list of what I want to do and get involved in once I graduate. Really moving out on my own is so exciting to think about. Here’s to the rest of my second-to-last semester! Next time I post a goals update, I’ll be studying for finals.